Saturday, November 16, 2013

John Stossel: Are we living in a libertarian era?

Are we living in a Libertarian era? | Fox News: John Stossel, Fox Business Network:

November 13, 2013 - "I didn’t know what a libertarian was when I started reporting. I was just another liberal. I knew the Republicans were icky, and Democrats were more like me – except they didn’t care about debt.

"I had no idea there was an actual movement of thinking people who want to honor the principles of the Founders – liberty and limited government. It took me a long time to wake up.

"Now more Americans have woken up, say Matt Welch and Nick Gillespie, editors of Reason magazine.

"'Poll after poll show you that Americans are much more fiscally conservative than their elected representatives,' says Welch. “A majority of Americans thinks that we should balance the budget.... Seventy-five percent think that we should not raise the debt ceiling ...

"'Growing majorities – especially young people – are more socially tolerant. They think that we should legalize marijuana ... they’re in favor of gay marriage.'"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/13/are-witnessing-libertarian-era/
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment